Switching to a Vegan/Plant Based Diet
Due to some health conditions, I have been mainly plant based for the past few years. Sometimes it is hard to be completely vegan, especially when you go out to eat. Here are a few tips if you are thinking about going vegan.
- Start gradually. Eliminate one thing at a time. I never liked milk, so that is the first thing that was really easy to cut out. The hardest for me is cheese!!
- You can also start with a few meals a week that are plant based. I began my journey with Meatless Monday and created a Pinterest board with suggestions.
- Cut out red meat first. I never really ate a lot of red meat anyway, so this was easier for me.
- Try some plant based proteins but not too much. I love tofu and seitan but I try to keep those to a minimum.
- Check all your other proteins and make sure you are getting enough. I enjoy beans daily and a protein shake.
- Follow recipe websites that cater to plant based vegan options.
My favorite websites for recipes are:
Oh, She Glows